Start Your Project With Free Quote
Medical Silicone Tubing 1/4 ID x 3/8 OD x 1′
Medical Silicone Tubing meets USP Class VI requirements. Its low surface energy helps to resist adhesion and does not support bacteria growth. The tubing is highly elastic without the need for plasticizers, making it a preferred option for life science use. Care is recommended in the selection and application of fittings and clamps as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the tubing wall. SILCON MEDICAL should not be used in continuous steam applications.
- Open mesh polyester braiding incorporated within the walls of silicone tubing
- Designed for elevated pressure applications
- Finished product meets USP Class VI requirements
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- BPA, latex and phthalate free
- Odorless, tasteless and inert
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -100°F to 400°F
- Reusable and withstand repeated sterilization*
- Blood Handling
- Fluid Handling
- IV Administration
- Laboratory Uses
- Surgical Drains
- Peristaltic Pumps
- Pharmaceutical Processing
*Note: SILBRADE MEDICAL may be low pressure sterilized in-line or autoclaved up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. If exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
Note: Any length of tubing that is less than a full coil must be custom cut and is non-returnable. Only complete, unaltered coils may be returned.
* Orders for lengths greater than 50′ will receive full coil(s). Any remaining length will be shipped as a separate segment.
There are no reviews yet.