Start Your Project With Free Quote
What is Silicone Tubing?
Silicone tubing and hose are constructed of a rubber-like thermoset substance providing flexibility, elasticity, and weather resistance. Its ability to endure UV rays, radiation, and ozone makes it a good choice for electrical, outdoor and sterilizing usage.
Silicone Tubing Capabilities
- Food grade/Commercial grade. This FDA-certified (per 21CFR177.2600) tubing is utilized in food processing, medicinal, and pharmaceutical sectors where non-toxic products are important.
- High strength grade. This kind of tubing is utilized in applications requiring exceptional mechanical qualities.
- Platinum cured. This grade dominates in quality and strength and is largely employed in non-invasive medical and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Colorful tubing. This sort of silicone tubing comes in a number of colors and is used in the electrical sector for sleeving electrical wires among other purposes.
Applications For Silicone Tubing
Silicone tubing can be used for the following applications:
- Coolant systems in automobiles
- Custom color tubing
- Durable tubing for aquarium air devices
- Food and beverage processing
- General purpose industrial applications
- Medical equipment and devices
- Milking machines in the dairy industry
- Peristaltic pump tubing
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Siphon hoses for home brewers and microbreweries
Benefits Of Silicone Tubing
The following properties make silicone tubing capable of serving multiple industries:
- Temperature range. Silicone tubing can resist temperatures from -130° F to 600° F.
- Range in hardness. The resistance to surface penetration, or hardness, of silicone tubing, ranges from 20 Shore A to 90 Shore A.
- Color availability. There are various color possibilities for silicone tubing or it may be color matched.
- Durability. Silicone tubing is exceptionally robust, resilient, and resistant to repeated compression cycles.
- Resistant to UV, autoclaving, and fungal. Silicone tubing can tolerate UV light and prevent pathogen growth, making it perfect for food processing, pharmaceutical, and medical sectors.
- Ease of manufacturing. Silicone tubing may be made in a range of diameters and lengths.
- Breakdown. Silicone tubing should not be utilized to transfer concentrated oils or fuels since these chemicals can break down the structure of the tubing.
Silicone Tubing FAQs
Silicone rubber tubing is utilized widely in the aerospace sector in equipment such as temperature control systems and fluid conveyance systems. Owing to its great tensile strength, temperature resilience, and flexibility, silicone rubber is also often utilized for car and aircraft vacuum seals.
Silicone Tubing Silicone tubing goods are hollow tubes used for the transport of gases and liquids; they are comprised of silicone rubber, which is a synthetic rubber substance.
Offered in a number of diverse grades and constructions, Silicone tubing applications are split among three major groups: general-purpose, medical/food grade, and high pressure.
While rubber hoses are usual for radiator hoses, silicone hoses have a stronger resistance to heat, and they are more robust and longer lasting. It’s for this same reason why changing your coolant hoses with silicone hoses provides you additional piece of mind.